Real Estate Taxes
Info for in person and mail payments:
Tax bills are issued approximately the second week of December,
Full payment or partial is due January 31st, with the second payment due July 31st.
We are now taking Credit Cards for payment of your taxes, both online and in the office. A convenience fee will be charged. No refunds will be given. No pet licenses are to be charged. More info on the online payment is below.
Payments made by check, in December or January, should be made out to the City of New London and can be mailed to 215 N. Shawano Street, New London, WI 54961; or may be paid in person at the City Clerk’s Office. For your convenience there is a drop box to the right of the doors at the Municipal Office.
Office hours -
Monday - Thursday: 7:30am - 4:30pm
Friday:7:30am - 11:30am
Payments after January should be made out to the Waupaca or Outagamie County Treasurer and mailed to the County address on the tax bill. The City Clerk’s office cannot accept tax payments after January 31st of each year! The counties will not accept payment before January 31st.
In addition to property taxes, your tax bill may contain unpaid special assessments, special charges or delinquent water or sewer bills. Special assessments are charges for work done affecting your property for which you have to pay a share. This would be for pavement, curb & gutter, and sanitary laterals.
Special charges are services the City provided to your property – weed cutting, snow removal, demolition, garbage clean up, etc.
Water and sewer bills not paid to the New London Utility, become liens on your property, which the Utility has a right to collect on your property tax bill. If you have any questions on your property taxes, call the City Treasurer’s office at 982-8500 (option 2).
Info for Online Tax Payments:
- There is a convenience fee of 2.20% for all credit card transactions and a $3.50 fee for all debit card transactions..
- This will be charged for payments using Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover credit or debit card.
- A fixed $0.25 convenience fee will be charged for payments using e-check.
- You will have the opportunity to review the total amount due with the convenience fee prior to payment submission.
- While you will be paying fees to City of New London - Real Estate Tax, the full amount of the convenience fee is passed to Municipal Services Bureau (MSB) as the provider of this online payment service.
** This link will be removed on Feb. 1, as taxes to the City are due by Jan. 31.