Building Inspector

You need a building permit for construction, resurfacing of sidewalks and driveways.  You need a permit for remodeling, installation of central air conditioning, new construction, swimming pools, fences, storage sheds, etc.  In all cases, call the Building Inspector and ask about your project and what will be required.  Building Permits ensure that you meet fire and other safety codes.  Permits are fairly inexpensive and are certainly cheaper than being told you must tear down what you just constructed.  The Building Inspector will work with you to help you accomplish your home improvement needs in a safe and affordable manner.

building inspector plans

The Building Inspector also handles complaints that involve rental properties, junk, garbage and storm water run-off.  When calling to make a complaint make sure you provide the address of the property, your name and phone number where you can be reached, and the landlord name if the property is a rental. 

The City of New London's Building Inspector is Paul Hanlon.

Phone: 920-250-5612  

Hours: 8:00 - 3:30pm, Monday - Friday.  Appointments are recommended